Thursday, September 25, 2008

Rugby quotes

Best of luck to the KCB Cubs as they play in their sixth successive
Mwamba Cup final against Quins II. Remember the Cubs are looking for a
fourth Mwamba Cup, having claimed the title in 2004,2005 and 2006.

Some of the best rugby quotes you'll ever read….

"Nobody in Rugby should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like
Norman Einstein." - Jono Gibbs of the Chiefs tells it like it isn't.

"I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes." - Rodney
So'oialo of the Hurricanes on University

"You guys line up alphabetically by height" and "You guys pair up in
groups of three, then line up in a circle." - Hurricanes head coach
Colin Cooper.

Chris Masoe of the Hurricanes on whether he had visited the Pyramids
during his visit to Egypt: "I can't really remember the names of the
clubs that we went to."

"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of
what time it is." - Colin Cooper on Paul Tito

Auckland's Kevin Senio on night rugby vs day games: "It's basically
the same, just darker."

David Nucifora (Auckland) talking about Troy Flavell: "I told him,
'Son, what is it with you. Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said,
'David, I don't know and I don't care.'"

Hurricane David Holwell, when asked about the upcoming season: "I want
to reach for 150 or 200 points this season, whichever comes first."

"Andy Ellis - the 21 year old, who turned 22 a few weeks ago." -
commentator Murray Mexted.

"Colin has done a bit of mental arithmetic with a calculator." - Ma
Nonu sums it up.

"He scored that try after only 22 seconds - totally against the run of
play." - Murray Mexted, again.

"We actually got the winning try three minutes from the end but then
they scored." - Phil Waugh from the Warratahs.

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body." -
Jerry Collins.

"That kick was absolutely unique, except for the one before it which
was identical." - Tony Brown

"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father." - Tana
Umaga narrows down his parents.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in rugby - but none of them
serious." - Doc Mayhew, a real doctor too….you can tell.

"If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same
thing again." - Anton Oliver, gentleman and scholar.

"I would not say he (Rico Gear) is the best left winger in the Super
14, but there are none better." - Murray Mexted, yet again.

"I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a
lifetime for that prat." - the diplomatic Ewan McKenzie.

Murray Deaker: "Have you ever thought of writing your autobiography?"
Tana Umaga: "On what?"

"Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw." - bless Murray Mexted.

"Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air
for even longer." - Murray Mexted, the most smartest commentator.

It's not Bragging If You Can Back it Up


--
http://kcbrfc.blogspot.com

No comments:

Archives

Visitors


View My Stats